An Open Letter and Question for FBI Director, Robert Mueller, from Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz, Prepared for Broadcast on “Inside Out,” Hosted by Michael Levine on KRLA radio in Los Angeles December 17, 2001.
Dear FBI Director Robert Mueller,
I don’t know whether you have seen Sunday’s Washington Post(Dec. 16, 2001) article by authors Rick Weiss and Susan Schmidt entitled “Capitol Hill Anthrax Matches Army’s Stocks: 5 Labs Can Trace Spores to Ft. Detrick,” in which a short list of your chief suspects is provided? I am pleased to read these revelations, and wish to further facilitate your investigation toward a successful conclusion. As a Harvard-trained public health authority and independent investigator published in the field of using the FBI’s motivational model for investigating serial homicides involving infectious agents, I want you to know that on Monday December 10, I released a 20-page detailed report to the press, to members of Congress, and to your bureau chiefs, which has largely propelled these recent mainstream media identifications of the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as your principle suspects in the anthrax mailings mystery. (Download report by Clicking Here)
Given this opportunity on Los Angeles radio, I would like to have you respond to the following facts, and question, “Why should the people of the United States trust you and the FBI to fulfill your expressed mission to solve this case when:
1) On October 1, 2001, approximately two weeks prior to the first publicized anthrax mailing, I personally delivered information to the FBI that should have prompted an immediate investigation of affiliated military-industrial and pharmaceutical contractors that maintain intimate ties to BMI and the CIA-information and an investigation that might have prevented the mailings sent more than a week later from Trenton, NJ. In fact, as evidenced by Sunday’s report in theWashington Post, this information still appears to be actively suppressed, namely, the most obvious motives behind the mailed anthrax was to fan fears, dramatically expand pharmaceutical industry profits, and meet military-industrialists’ and political objectives grossly jeopardizing American freedoms and civil rights.
2) Here are the incriminating facts Mr. Mueller: The Battelle Memorial Institute administers and supplies the Dugway anthrax proving facility in Utah where the only virtually identical Ames strain of silica-impregnated hyper-weaponized anthrax was found. According to Sunday’s Washington Post, “Dugway is the only facility known in recent years to have processed anthrax spores into the powdery form that is most easily inhaled. Dugway’s military supply is allegedly well protected by “multiple security measures,” (according to Scott Shane reporting in theBaltimore Sun, Dec. 12, 2001). BMI’s security is apparently not as strict.
3) The Battelle Memorial Institute, (according to William Broad and Judith Miller in the New York Times, Thursday, Dec. 13) provides services as “a military contractor in [West Jefferson] Ohio,” and “has experience making powdered germs. . . . [T]he contractor participated in a secret Central Intelligence Agency program, code-named Clear Vision [that] began in 1997, that used [allegedly] benign substances similar to anthrax.
4) BMI directs the Defense Department’s “Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program” worth more than $1 billion in vaccine contracts; an acquisition program in which Battelle, as a CIA contractor, partnered with Bioport for America’s sole anthrax vaccine production. Bioport-largely owned by Britain’s top secret biowarfare consortium Porton Down, bin Laden family associate Faud El Hibri, Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr., a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and others (including, according to some investigators, the multinational investment firm and defense contractor, the Carlyle Management Group, that managed bin Laden family millions prior to 9-11, directed by past CIA director Frank Carlucci, James Baker, III, and Past President George H.W. Bush); a vaccine maker that has negotiated a steady stream of controversy and illegalities since 1996, the year before the CIA contracted with Battelle to conduct a special study of aerosolized hyper-weaponized anthrax.
5) Based on a September 7, 2001 Associated Press report, a “new strain” of extremely lethal anthrax had been under development before September 2001, by a U.S. biological weapons contractor, apparently Battelle Memorial Instititue in West Jefferson, Ohio, as this fit the intelligence published by the New York Times (wherein America’s top anthrax expert, William C. Patrick III, “said the American program had achieved [an unprecedented] concentration of one trillion spores per gram.” According to the Associated Press, a Russian munitions expert, Alexander Gorbovsky, voiced his government’s concerns regarding the increased threat posed by this obviously active U.S. biological weapons program-a program that an anonymous Pentagon official referred to as “Project Jefferson,” implicating Battelle’s WestJefferson labs once again.
6) “Project Jefferson” was ongoing around the same time American anthrax ace William C. Patrick III, was apparently contracted by Battelle Memorial Institute to develop a report on the ramifications of mailing powdered anthrax, much the same as what occurred in the wake of the October anthrax mailings.
7) According to a 1998 New Yorker article written by admitted CIA consultant and exposed CIA propagandist Richard Preston, William C. Patrick III and Russian defector Kanatjan Alibekov (alias, “Ken Alibek”)-the world’s two leading anthrax experts-were very “close friends!” Both men held classified consulting contracts with the CIA and Battelle, Alibekov was on the CIA’s payroll at that time, according to Preston, and he was fully employed by the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI).
8) BMI, according to its website (http://www.battelle.org/nationsecurity/), is a virtual one-stop-shopping-center for U.S. and foreign militaries, the Department of Energy, the national security industries, affiliated agencies, organizations, and institutions evaluating every major aspect of modern methods of population and environmental control and warfare. With nearly $1 billion of business volume annually, Battelle’s 7,500 scientists, engineers, and support specialists, have designed and developed a wide variety of innovations from the uranium used in the top secret “Manhattan Project” of WWII to the Xerox copying process. In addition to their voluminous research, development, and testing activities, this private institute co-manages America’s most secret enterprises including the DoE’s Brookhaven National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Oak Ridge Laboratory, and fully manages several others including the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and Dugway’s “Life Sciences” facility which is intimately tied to their two biological level-3 “Aerosol Engineering & Biological Sciences Facilities” in West Jefferson, Ohio. (These appear in photographs on a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) promotions slide Click Here.)
9) Battelle’s “Aerosol Engineering and Biological Defense Science” description relays that their “Aerosol Science and Technology (AS&T) group develops lab experimental and field test procedures for . . . point-source emissions and the transport and atmospheric fate of aerosols by means of modeling and field assessments for industrial process.” Thus, the government “contractor” for whom anthrax expert William C. Patrick III wrote his mailed anthrax aerosol dispersal assessment could have only been Battelle for whom “Ken Alibek” worked; Robert Myers, Bioport’s Chief Operating Officer affiliated; and Jerry Hauer in New York’s emergency management helped facilitate tests. All of these suspects (except Alibek), played roles in the Department of Defense’s Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program that was accelerated for millions of dollars in biowarfare profiteering due to the anthrax mailings and national fright they caused.
In summary, there are several serious indicators that the source of the anthrax weapon used in the mailings was the Ames, Iowa strain of silica-impregnated and electro-statically charged anthrax produced by the Battelle Memorial Institute under their classified Defense Department “Project Jefferson” and/or CIA project “Clear Vision.” This hyper-weaponized germ was likely produced with the help (or under the direction) of Dr. Alibekov and/or Dr. Patrick. The fact that these Battelle agents and CIA-affiliated agencies gained notoriety, if not financially, as a result of the anthrax mailings and fright fits the parameters of organized conspiracy to commit military-industrial sabotage and serial homicide approaching economic genocide.
FBI Director Mueller, this is my third communication to you since early October. “We the People” of the U.S. want to know whether we can depend on you and your bureau officials to pay more than lip service to this critical investigation. We want to know whether your hands have been tied, or will be tied by U.S. National Security officials on behalf of implicated parties in the CIA and Bush administration-parties who have developed lucrative vaccine and drug contracts behind closed doors, illegally according to existing transparency laws, through vaccine representatives and profiteers in the organization known as PhRMA that directs, along with Bush administration officials, the Emergency Preparedness Task Force.
“We the People” are tired of false assurances that “no stone is being left unturned” in the anthrax mailings investigation. Do you really have the courage and clout to pursue this investigation to where it obviously leads-to Battelle, Bioport, the CIA and even the White House? Or will you and your bureau leaders continue to sacrifice your integrity along with the lives, health, safety, and civil liberties of the American people to support this ongoing commercial cover-up and military-industrial conspiracy?
Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H.
President/Publisher, Tetrahedron, LLC
cc: M. Levine, KRLA radio
members of the U.S. Congress
8,700 members of the American news media, and
general Internet distribution